My cleaning list doesn't involve cleaning for hours each day. I believe in breaking things down into 15 minute or less tasks. The cleaning list also targets a different area/task each day. A big helper for me is preparing for the next day at night when the house is calm. I also like to get things going and organized in the morning so that I can be productive on my personal work items when the baby takes a nap during the day and before it's pick up time for the big kids.
click HERE to download your clean house printable.
Just a tip, make sure that you download it from dropbox before printing, so that you have the actual pdf open. For some reason when I print straight from the dropbox window, it comes out of the printer fuzzy and just not pretty. But it is crystal clear and beautiful when I download it onto my computer first.
I have also listed 7 deep cleaning items to tackle each Saturday. There are times that I save these for other days and also times when I have extra energy to accomplish multiple items on a Saturday.
... and just a few of my favorite cleaning tips
1. Keep your cleaning products in a location that makes sense. I have all of my extra bottles in our laundry room, but I keep the supplies that I need to clean up the kitchen under my kitchen sink. I also keep the supplies needed for the bathroom in one central bathroom. This helps to cut down on my time spent running all around the house for the right cleaning supply.
2. Limit yourself to cleaners that do double and triple duty. I know that there are some cleaners that you just have to have, like stainless steel cleaner. But I use my window cleaner for way more surfaces than just windows and mirrors.
3. Have an area just inside the door you use to enter the house to drop your shoes, backpacks, etc. Leaving shoes at the door cuts down drastically on the dirt, mud and icky stuff that ends up all over your floors. I also use this area for keys and all of the mountain of things that I transfer to and from my car.
4. 15 minutes. When areas are getting out of control or you just don't feel up to cleaning. Set a timer for 15 minutes and get everything done that you can and then give yourself a break and relax. You will be amazed at how relaxed you are after and how willing you are to finish cleaning and tidying up the rest beyond that 15 minutes.
5. Amazon Subscribe and Save. This probably sounds funny to some people. But I order my toilet paper, paper towels, detergents (dish, washer, and dishwasher), and cat food from Amazon Subscribe and Save. It automatically sends out another shipment at the interval that you choose and you typically get a discounted price for your larger quantity order. I'm also an Amazon Prime member so I get free 2 day shipping which is soooo awesome!
Years ago, I had tons of cleaners for every little situation. And I still have a few unusual cleaners in the back of my cabinet, but these are my everyday messy tacklers. I also really don't like chemical smells, so many of the cleaners I use are more natural... at least to my nose.
- Sprayway Glass Cleaner
- Method Granite Cleaner
- Method Bathroom Cleaner
- Method Wood Cleaner
- Method Wood Floor Cleaner
- Weiman Stainless Steel Cleaner
- Mrs. Meyers Dish Soap
- Cascade Complete Dishwasher pacs
- Tide Pods and All Free and Clear for laundry
- Swiffer Dusters
- Magic Erasers
- Scotch Kitchen Sponges
- Bounty Select a Size paper towels
- Dust Pan
- Bona Microfiber Wood Floor Mop
Looking for more awesome printables to keep you organized??? Of course you are! Head over HERE to download my shopping list from last week.