Organization Round 2: Clean House Weekly/Monthly Checklist and Tips

Tuesday, March 18, 2014


It's time for the second round of updated organization here at Michelle Lea Designs. I love this cleaning checklist and use it each week to keep the house picked up and ready for a knock on the door. I have to be honest though... there are many times when I would die if someone showed up. This cleaning list is meant to encourage you to do a little at a time and stay on top of your calendar for the next day... not to remind you of what you haven't accomplished. There are far more important things than a spotless house.

My cleaning list doesn't involve cleaning for hours each day. I believe in breaking things down into 15 minute or less tasks. The cleaning list also targets a different area/task each day. A big helper for me is preparing for the next day at night when the house is calm. I also like to get things going and organized in the morning so that I can be productive on my personal work items when the baby takes a nap during the day and before it's pick up time for the big kids.


click HERE to download your clean house printable. 

Just a tip, make sure that you download it from dropbox before printing, so that you have the actual pdf open. For some reason when I print straight from the dropbox window, it comes out of the printer fuzzy and just not pretty.  But it is crystal clear and beautiful when I download it onto my computer first. 


I have also listed 7 deep cleaning items to tackle each Saturday. There are times that I save these for other days and also times when I have extra energy to accomplish multiple items on a Saturday.  

... and just a few of my favorite cleaning tips

1. Keep your cleaning products in a location that makes sense. I have all of my extra bottles in our laundry room, but I keep the supplies that I need to clean up the kitchen under my kitchen sink. I also keep the supplies needed for the bathroom in one central bathroom. This helps to cut down on my time spent running all around the house for the right cleaning supply. 

2. Limit yourself to cleaners that do double and triple duty. I know that there are some cleaners that you just have to have, like stainless steel cleaner. But I use my window cleaner for way more surfaces than just windows and mirrors. 

3. Have an area just inside the door you use to enter the house to drop your shoes, backpacks, etc. Leaving shoes at the door cuts down drastically on the dirt, mud and icky stuff that ends up all over your floors. I also use this area for keys and all of the mountain of things that I transfer to and from my car. 

4. 15 minutes. When areas are getting out of control or you just don't feel up to cleaning. Set a timer for 15 minutes and get everything done that you can and then give yourself a break and relax. You will be amazed at how relaxed you are after and how willing you are to finish cleaning and tidying up the rest beyond that 15 minutes.

5. Amazon Subscribe and Save. This probably sounds funny to some people. But I order my toilet paper, paper towels, detergents (dish, washer, and dishwasher), and cat food from Amazon Subscribe and Save. It automatically sends out another shipment at the interval that you choose and you typically get a discounted price for your larger quantity order. I'm also an Amazon Prime member so I get free 2 day shipping which is soooo awesome!


Years ago, I had tons of cleaners for every little situation. And I still have a few unusual cleaners in the back of my cabinet, but these are my everyday messy tacklers. I also really don't like chemical smells, so many of the cleaners I use are more natural... at least to my nose.

- Sprayway Glass Cleaner
- Method Granite Cleaner
- Method Bathroom Cleaner
- Method Wood Cleaner
- Method Wood Floor Cleaner 
- Weiman Stainless Steel Cleaner
- Mrs. Meyers Dish Soap
- Cascade Complete Dishwasher pacs
- Tide Pods and All Free and Clear for laundry
- Swiffer Dusters
- Magic Erasers
- Scotch Kitchen Sponges
- Bounty Select a Size paper towels
- Dust Pan
- Broom
- Bona Microfiber Wood Floor Mop

Looking for more awesome printables to keep you organized??? Of course you are! Head over HERE to download my shopping list from last week.


I hope that you love your clean house printable as much as I do!!  Have a fabulous week.

27 comments:

  1. Stopping by from the linkup! Thanks for the printables. SO nice to have. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shannon! I'm so glad you stopped by.

      Delete
  2. This is SO useful. I have a bad habit of saving all the chores for one day and end up cleaning for hours. Don't know why I haven't figured it out yet to do a little each day! Thanks for the printables!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do that as well! So having this hanging on the wall helps me out when I start feeling overwhelmed. I love being able to check off what I've done that week.

      Delete
  3. Linda Barker, Hi, love your printable, but it only prints 2/3 of the page. Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong? Thanks again - it's a great list (maybe it's just my poor computer skills)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda. Are you downloading it from dropbox or printing straight from the dropbox page? It helps if you download it before printing. Sometimes the dropbox version prints fuzzy on my printer, which makes no sense but it does. If that doesn't work, I can email it straight to you.

      Delete
  4. I printed the checklist before I even finished! haha Awesome tips! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad that you like it!!! Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  5. Love these printables, they make cleaning look more manageable and fun. Thanks for sharing at The Makers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Katie. They keep me from going crazy!

      Delete
  6. I have got to get on a schedule my house is a hot mess!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great checklist, Michelle! Thanks for sharing at Throwback Thursday.

    xoxo
    Denyse

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the printable! This is perfect as we'll be starting our spring cleaning this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome Ritchil, Good luck with the cleaning.

      Delete
  9. AWESOME printable--thanks for such a detailed checklist--I'm pinning and sharing with friends (they'll think I'm so smart)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and you are smart Mitzi! Very smart :) thank you for stopping by

      Delete
  10. What a great checklist! I'm featuring this at this week's link party! http://www.thelifeofjenniferdawn.com/2014/03/a-little-bird-told-me-link-party-84.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jennifer! And thank you for the feature, what an honor :)

      Delete
  11. Very helpful! Thanks for creating and sharing the printable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michelle! I have used it for over a year and really do love it.

      Delete
  12. Great ideas! The only thing that would be better is some "elves" to do my cleaning for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you! This cleaning list is just what I need to feel accomplished when I go on maternity leave soon! I appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments from my readers! I promise to answer as quickly as possible. Thank you for stopping by.

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger